The Chronicles - the photo evidence

Saturday, May 27, 2006

First photo-post away (Rimouski part I)

All right, all right...so you keep pestering me to find out what the middle of nowhere looks like...not that exciting. I have apparently cross-referenced myself, so read my other blog entry here. Also, we haven't done anything super spectacular (yet, I hope) and so I haven't been taking many photos outside of streets and dinners. Here is the tale so far.

After a real good-bye and a bunch of errands, I got home around midnight on Friday night to do the last of my packing.


You see all this shit? It needed to fit into a 60 L hiking bag and a medium sized suitcase. There was no way in hell this was going to happen.


So I was wrong, I got it all in there.


At some point around 1:30, I was frantically trying to get my SLR into my little tiny carry on (the backpack that zips onto my hiking bag) which was next to impossible to accomplish. but bam! it suddenly fit.

I hit the sack just after 2:00 am, only to wake up at:

3:30 am! When was the last time I was on that side of 3:30 am? When was the last time I saw 3:30 am in general? holy crap. that sucked.

There aren't any photos of my flight or anything because my digi was in the SLR bag which was super hard to get out of my bag because of the laptop and all the other jazz in there. Here's a recap. I got the airport at 5:20 am (ahh!) on Saturday morning and my suitcase + hiking bag fell on some poor lady. There were a few kids around and a bunch of dogs yelling. My suitcase weighed 71 lbs, I guess that's how I got everything in there. They usually don't let them weigh more than 70 lbs, but the guy let it slide with a $35 fine. Ah well. Then I managed to get through security and had my bag checked for explosive materials.

I eventually found the gate, apparently signs aren't my thing either...it was 6:10 am at this point. Flight was supposed to take off at 6:40, boarding at 6:20. At 6:30, boarding begins. Everything is fine on the flight, they give us tea and cookies, it was too early to read or listen to music even, but it was all ok...except the landing. It was a pretty flimsy plane because, well it was just a one hour flight. We begin the descent to Quebec Airport and there is no runway in sight...but we're descending and the plane is shaking like crazy. All I can see is farms and more farms, and the plane is swinging from side to side and I am gripping the arm rests like it's going to help...and eventually, after about 10 minutes of all this madness, we touch down. I have just enough time to go to the bathroom before the luggage comes out... I managed to grab mine and instantly find a cab to the bus station.

At the bus station, I get a one way ticket to hell, I mean Rimouski, the ticket agent says something to me which I don't understand, but whatever...I call my dad to let him know that I've landed safely, I mean I have 4 hours to kill until the next bus arrives. After about 10 minutes of being at the bus station, a whole bunch of people start flooding outside to this bus and I look out and it says "Rimouski" so I go and get on this bus...4 hours..whee.

To be continued...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home