The Chronicles - the photo evidence

Saturday, December 09, 2006

Things that might have happened in October

Sunday, October 1
OK, so sometime in October my folks came down with my mom's best friend growing up and her husband - who still live back where my mom grew up. It was really nice to see them. Then they all went out east for a while.

Thursday, October 5
Since my folks were out of town, I decided to go home for the long weekend anyway, but thought I'd come back early and get some stuff done.

Kollene was in town too, so Kit came down and met us at the bus station.



The dude who took the pic of the three of us together messed it up and it was all blurry.

Ker met me on the subway, we grabbed some dinner at swiss chalet and then she drove me home where we found cake and a new couch!

Friday, October 6
Keren works half days on Fridays, so I met her downtown after work and we pretended to be photographers, well I did because I suck and she knows how to take photos properly.

See? Even on her camera things look good.

Here are some photos I took:



Evidently not very many made even my cut.

Here are some I took at home on Saturday:

The Ulm sparrow that Ina's mom gave me after my first visit.




My dad finally dispersed the ridiculous amount of windchimes they own throughout the yard.

The jars that I can't read.







The key to the cabinent.

October 13
At some point it was Aaron's birthday:

I guess he likes baseball.

At night Karen and I had the most ridiculous adventure of our lives, naturally neither of us brought a camera.

Saturday, October 14
Mike invited us out for his birthday at Molly's

Mike, Steph, me (bad, bad hair day), Karen


Mike was somewhat trashed.


Karen was being particularly photogenic.

Then Mike decided it was a good idea to go to Jack's at 11:30 on a Saturday night. Here's us freezing.

Steph, Steve, Lisa.

Mike was drunk enough that we were able to convince him to prove to us that he wasn't drunk.

I think he might have sung the alphabet song too.

We ended up ditching Jack's and checking out Alex P. but that wasn't really their scene...so we ended up going back to Molly's and having to wait in line...when Nelson walked by! Random...anyway, we ended up leaving shortly thereafter and Steph drove us all home.

Saturday, October 21
Karen invited me over for pizza and shenanigans.



Veronica (holding a rose, not actually feeding it Ann), Ann (holding terrible movie), Karen


Karen and her magical glasses...why are they magical? Oh you just wait.

We went up to Karen's room and she shows me this card she got in Quebec for a friend.

"Popof the clown wants to wish you a ha-ha-happy birthday"


"And wants to know if your address and if you enjoy to play (with) bums"


Ann modelling the magic glasses - they look good on everyone.

All right so Karen was tired at this point and wasn't too interested in shenanigans...so we (a bunch of Karen's roommates and I) went to this guy's house, whose roommate's birthday it was. They were throwing him a surprise party. We spent a good hour or so just watching TV and stuff and then Jenna calls me and asks me if I want to go out with her and Louise...they'd just come back from a gig.

We went to Joe Kool's and all of us (Louise, Aaron, Jenna and I) were rather annoyed at having to wait in line, but it ended up being all right...and one of us picked up. That person shall remain nameless.

October 23
Random photo of the web in my window.


Saturday, October 28
LOLA - London Ontario Live Arts
Great idea for a festival, dumbest time of year to hold it. A festival of all sorts of live arts, they had people painting on the spot and live bands - that were good.. and it was all free.
It was really, really cold though. We caught two bands.


Hyzologists.


This is most of the people I was with freezing...L-R guy in plaid, John? James? uhh I don't remember his, he left about 2 minutes later (but I do remember that he's Australian),Florian and Karen.


Karen being proud of her glasses fogging up/being wet...we went to get some shelter from the rain.


The other member of our posse...sorta..holding up Karen. I think her name is Sarah. Karen is holding my mittens, who I got from someone else. Yes it was obscenely cold for that time of year.

We went to get something warm to drink shortly after they finished...and ran into Joe who was there covering the concert for some website he writes for. Then we went outside in anticipation for Newmarket's own Tokyo Police Club, who rocked more in mp3 than live, but were clearly VERY young, I even got a video of the crazy old man having the time of his life.


I agree the video goes a little longer than it should...but I'm going to hell anyway, so it's fine.

After that show, we saw one of the guys from Hzyologists who looks just like Karen's cousin, so she got a picture with him...and because my camera rocks, we got him to sign it too.


After Tokyo Police Club was over, we went and got some dinner where I ran into Turco, my German lit prof from last year, who tried to get an invite to dine with us, but I didn't give in, seeing as I'm a jerk, he's sort of weird (that was the first time I ever spoke to him in English), and he gave me a rather bad grade and I'll never have him as a prof again.

We ate in the Aladin room at some restaurant, which meant we had a really low table, and were joined by two less than sober girls. When I got home, Umber messaged me to come to his hallowe'en party in costume. The party was well under way and he wanted me to come in costume. I showed up dressed as a hipster and got embarrassed throughout the evening. Good times.


Umber was dressed as Borat and that just let him run wild and embarrass me further.

Actual hallowe'en involved an exam (morphology for those interested) which I ended up acing. That's it for October.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that Hzyologists guy kinda looks like the Entourage guy.
...kinda.
i swear, there's a resemblance.
i'm not losing it.

fun entry.
heh, were you far away from that dancing man or something? ...i always feel like people will notice me taking their pic. let alone a video.

Friday, January 05, 2007 4:15:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home