The Chronicles - the photo evidence

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Passing Time (Rimouski Part III)

Most of week two was uneventful. We wandered around and tried to find our way around the city.

This was often done near dusk. Here are some photos.


The view from the parking lot of some government building (there are tons of those here) and we have come to despise that street, there is a steep, steep hill that is just awful when returning home with groceries.




This is on my way to work, this was taken in the evening, but that's what I see. Sweet, eh?

Let me take to tell you something about Rimouski. There is no public transportation, just this thing called "Taxibus" which runs around rush hour in the morning and the afternoon, Monday-Friday, very, very useful. The population is about 40,000 which is the combined population of all the separate districts which recently joined to form the "mega-city" Rimouski.

Back to some random-ness. One day while walking to Kit's house, which is down the street from me, I saw....

Uhh... ok...what?!

Then I saw:

This creeptastic guy.

Oh right, here is my second temporary room, just down the hall from the permanent one.



Note: my clothes are everywhere. The genius that I am, I couldn't figure out how to get the dryer working, but I got it eventually...eventually. Also, still living out of suticases and a sleeping bag.

Friday, May 19, we went for drinks at 'sens-unique' a place we regularly walked by.

Round one. Stella x 2, random fruit drink with cucumber x 2.


Kit and Kollene. Posed.


Round two. Alexander Keith's Rousse (red), Stella, mysterious martini, red, red wine.

Then on Sunday, May 21, we decided we'd finally go to the musuem.

The musuem is the smaller building in the forefront. It's one of the oldest churches in eastern Canada, it even survived the great fire in the early 50s. Kollene works in the archives there.

The museum is really neat on the inside. First exhibit:


Something about saving energy...each one of those had tips.


Tadaaa.


We went upstairs to the second floor.


I told you it was a neat building.

The rest of the exhibits were original student artwork and students making art that is an interpretation of existing art. Here are some images.











Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home