The Chronicles - the photo evidence

Thursday, January 11, 2007

To the land of tacos... (Mexico I)

Sunday, December 24
Toronto:

This Keren, my companion (according to Air Canada) for this trip.


Look what my mommy packed for me!


Terminal 1


Ker rubbing my stupidity in my face. We had really good seats and I had to go and screw them up. Lucky for me, this meant all the gingerale we could handle from the nice flight attendant.


Aww our first sips of gingerale on board...while watching the new Woody Allen movie.


What Keren doesn't know is that there is a hole at the bottom of that bag. She busted up the jellybean bag and so it had to co-exist with my cough meds and by the end of the trip, they became cough jellybeans.

We landed some point close to midnight and met a very Mexican looking fellow who turned out to be Israeli...and couldn't find Keren's aunt. We crashed not too long after arrival and were freezing all night long.

Monday, December 25
I woke up to Keren's Aunt Alicia yelling, "chana!!" and then Keren running after her, "no it's me! My stomach hurts!" The next thing I know, Keren is lying in bed next to me with her aunt over her and there is an awful, awful smell. Her aunt is telling her to rub it in.

After showering, breakfast, etc.

we headed to the Reforma.. a pretty road where the botantical gardens are and on the fence there is a free photo exhibit.


Alicia, like everyone else in Mexico is a crazy, crazy driver.


We stopped by the synagogue to check things out.




huh?


You better not park there.

Then it was off to the Reforma, for real.


The theme was Mexico, so it was photos of Mexico with little descriptions. Or a collage of 8 photos.


The botanical gardens had cactus! Too bad it was Christmas and we couldn't go in.

We crossed the street to the park and there was a market, this:


and these people:



Just swinging. We came in at the end...


but look how high up they are.



Then they started up again.


We got a photo with one of them

That gives you an idea of how I felt the whole time in Mexico. I'm 5'7" - not short, but definitely not tall. In Mexico, I was a freakshow.


Keren was being a bit of a creep...but got some nice kid pics.


I got a pic of a food cart.

After a short while, we began to walk towards the car, but through the park, which was gorgeous.





Alicia and Keren.


Hana and Keren.


Ker climbed a tree.

We then went to the Deportivo - kind of like the JCC of Toronto.



This just looks like something else entirely is going on here.

After that, we piled up into the car, picked up Yossi, Alicia's spouse and headed to Keren's other aunt's house to have lunch with some more of her family. The pic we have is:

One of the most annoying dogs ever.

After lunch - which lasted about 4 hours, we went back home, almost throwing up due to Yossi's driving, he's probably one of the worst drivers, especially since he's Israeli and has lived in Mexico for so long. It was bad. We came home and eventually cooked us up some Quesodillas, and almost burned Keren's face off in the process and so concludes day 1 in Mexico.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger inna said...

that picture of the bubble.. it's like they're *enclosed* in the bubble.. like they're going back in time..

did anyone else notice that?

props!

Thursday, January 11, 2007 9:27:00 p.m.  
Blogger inna said...

wo0t! i have a name now!

Thursday, January 11, 2007 9:27:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home