The Chronicles - the photo evidence

Monday, June 19, 2006

Drum Rolls... (Rimouski V)

May 28-June 1
Oh my god, I've been here for 5 weeks already, although this entry will cover week 3. Holy crap. Anyway, this has been taking a while mostly because 2 weekends ago, my folks came to visit for the weekend and I barely slept that weekend. We shared a hotel room and holy snory mcsnoremonsters. More on that in a few entries. Maybe I will catch up. Then last weekend I was away...and I will likely be away this weekend and next weekend too, in short: expect delays.

Big news in this entry, except I think everyone knows about this already...THE SECRET PROJECT! revealed...ready? Ok...soon.

SUNDAY

We walk out onto Av de la Cathedrale from my place and promptly see this.

Ok..not much suspense..but the big project? PROJECT: Postcards.

Let me explain...Rimouski has no postcards. We decided to make some of our own of some local landmarks, such as this one, uhhh...the street.


The Cantine by the train station.


First stop...head down to the water. There is everyone bustling about.


Nothing says Rimouski like a pile of our crap on the boardwalk.


Kit taking a mystery photo with my SLR.


Then we went to go ask the unicorn for a wish. My wish? My very own unicorn.


Here is a preview of an actual postcard. Well by now, everyone has gotten the postcards, I hope.


Another sample. On the left, Bar Chez Pull, which is somewhat OK. Then the big red house thing is a super good restaurant, if you recall from the first night in Rimouski.


A record we desperately tried to get a clear photo of. Kollene proceded to knock a bunch of records off the shelf. There I bought a copy of The Graduate.

SEE ALL THE POSTCARDS HERE


Then a few days of nothing...until..
THURSDAY:
At work, someone randomly says "Tonight the RCMP is doing a show in the field behind the building, if you guys want to go, it's free." So uhh..yeah.


People waiting in anticipation.


Cutest kid ever.


There were well over 2000 people there. Lots and lots of well behaved children. Kit and I text messaged Kollene, who didn't get it..then we went and surprised Alix, who didn't pick up her phone, but she came with us.


This crazy mascot thing was there..this photo was more of a "what the hell is that? let me get a closer look."


The crowd.


The men (and women).
We couldn't get any good photos because we were facing the sun, which for those who don't know, it means shadows.


Crowd. again.


Crowd...again.


Other jazz.

UPDATE: check out the montage Kit made.



This is where I work, from the outside...just to the left of where it says Cinema.


On our way back home (or for crepes?) we ended up following the mounties back...this is how you get Mounties into town.


There were these wicked trash bins.


This was also seen there.

Bonus stuff...from May 28. Our office decided to do something awful without asking us.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

a) poscards = AWESOME!! sell! now!

b) what is that article?? are u famous?? lol

c) the mountie bus is incredible.. it's odd that i (or most people i know, probably) have never seen one, living in canada all this time

-non-anonymous inna

Monday, June 19, 2006 11:42:00 p.m.  
Blogger Beth said...

yay pictures!!

Friday, June 23, 2006 12:45:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehe, i agree, GREAT postcards! you should definitely sell them.

i love the mountie-mobile! hilarious!

hehe and i love how you took a pic of that kid. he's great. :)

I remember that boardwalk!!! goodtimes :)

Saturday, July 01, 2006 9:55:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home