The Chronicles - the photo evidence

Monday, July 24, 2006

Quebec City-1(Rimouski VIII)

All right this is a super overdue entry but things have come up...and uhh yeah. There are photo credits in some of these, I got everyone else's photos.

Thursday, June 15

Ducked out of work just after lunch to take the bus to Quebec City. Alix and I got there just in the knick of time and the four of us managed to sit together.


We got into Quebec City around 7:00 pm and headed over to the university residence where everyone was staying. There we found out that the four of us couldn't stay in the same apartment...I went up to my apartment to find that I had the choice of rooms, this is the view. It was like 45C inside the apartment.


(KL)A short while later, we headed for dinner. There was a shady vegetarian restaurant or this place with a sweet patio. If you notice, there are 5 hands. On the bus we met Isabelle, who is in Chandler for the summer, she'd been on the bus since 6:00 am. It took her 12 hours to get to Quebec City (it took us 4).


After dinner we headed over to Star Bar to meet up with the rest of the exchange...it was getting dark.


Isabelle and Alix laughing...probably at me.


Here are some people that I didn't talk to. (KL)


Then they came around and gave us all labels with words...mine said "pleurer" (to cry). It was part of an icebreaker.


(AP) This is what I thought about the icebreaker game. My match for the Quebecois expression for to cry was this dude that we later named Creepy McCreeptastic because he just came and sat down and didn't say a word, didn't even want to go get the shot we won. Any attempt to talk to him resulted him just one word answers.

We went back to the res after a while and had some tea using various items from all of our apartments.

Friday, June 16
The morning, we had to meet for breakfast just after 7:00, it was bananas. We had breakfast outside on the ground and it was fantastic (note sarcasm). We were then paired up with other people to sit next to on the bus. Apparently we are in grade 4 and not university students. What the crap?! Anyway, my buddy was ok...not my favourite person in the world, since I took the time to remember his name and all...All right, let's start off this ridiculously long day.

7:45 AM: First stop: Chutes Montmorency











Being squinty.



9:30 AM: Arrive at the Musée de la Civilisation (Museum of Civilisation)

(KL) I managed to sneak some photos but Kit has less shame than me and flat out took photos...so here is a combo of that.


(KL)


(KL)


(KL)


(KL)


(KL)




Caged fish.


Tanked birds.


In this busy day, I still had time to interogate Alix. That cup was glued to the table as part of the interogation scene.


I super-imposed myself into space.


There was this super cool exhibit about movies and stuff. They had screens that were projections but you could interact with them, you fling the images away to see the next one.. Watch the video to see what I mean.


The rest of Friday coming soon...

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

u caught a mini-rainbow!

-inna

Wednesday, July 26, 2006 2:03:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow - that video of that thing is awesome!!!! did u see one of the videos on my msn space? it's grouped with all the other random videos i found on youtube....

Thursday, July 27, 2006 11:53:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home