The Chronicles - the photo evidence

Friday, July 28, 2006

Quebec City-2 (Rimouski IX)

Sorry, I know it sucks having these in different entries but it's for your own good and my sanity. These will stop soon you know? I've also been busy sleeping and being at home and reading like crazy. Good books are hard to come by. I've also been working hard, despite what you all may think.

Note: the times I give are from this schedule they gave us, they in no way reflect actual time.

Friday, June 16 continued.

After the Musee de civilisation we went to Parc maritime du Saint-Laurent where we had lunch and stuff...

12h30: arrive at the Parc maritime du Saint-Laurent


This is the old quay for Quebec City - it's on an island. They explained stuff to us about the quay, it was fantastic. Let me tell you.




Kit and I began to wander around and found our calling.




Oh yeah...and this guy told us how to build a boat from wood.

After that we went for ice cream...where I got a bunch of tickets for speaking French. Yeah they gave us tickets which were supposed to turn into points for prizes later but they didn't really.


When we got ice cream, I got introduced to the buddy system, an anti-drip system. Ice cream cone goes in the middle.

15h30 L'Espace Felix Leclerc
Felix Leclerc was some important Quebecois guy, I didn't really understand who he was mostly because I passed out while the movie played. Here is some of his stuff.




16h45 arrive at Domaine Steinbach
No idea what that is? Well here's your chance to find out.


(AP) They make cider. (Translation: Cider Factory - Gift Shop, Tasting, Explanations, VIP Room, Groups, Welcome)


See? Cider. It was pretty gross.


They also make jam and mustard, we tried a lot of them.


It was really pretty there though. Creepy McCreeptastic was around us all day, but we really noticed it when he was following us back and forth across the deck.


These were our mode of transport...there were close to 80 of us, hence the mass transport, in style.

At this point, it's like 5:30 and we're all starving...bits of jam are not filling, I'll be honest. So, then we hit the SUGAR SHACK!

18h00 Cabane du sucre a l'Entailleur


That's where things happen.


She explained to us the right way to make maple syrup, or Canadian gold, as I call it. I really meant to remember her name, but alas, I have no idea what her name is.


Then we had dinner...maple dinner. Those are the Mont Joli people, remember them? They were the only people we really talked to other than each other.


Dinner was maple smoked meat, etc. Being vegetarian, I got couscous. It was really good. Notice the V for Vendetta at the top there.

It was pleasant and all...but then after dinner something awful happened.


This broke out.


And that...so we got the hell outta there. We tried to for a while but they were just going at it too much.

One of the program coordinators sprained her ankle or something doing this. Glad we jetted.


We went and hung out outside, it was really nice.


See that puddle thing, and those big blobs? They're frogs. Hear them. (thanks IR843)

Then came a second dessert...

(AP)Frozen maple syrup...which just led to antics.


(AP)Like me making the most digusting face of all time.


(AP)And having tea with dummies...that might have been part of an exhibit we shouldn't have been touching. Please ignore my disgusting hair.


(AP) Here are the other people from the exchange, the ones we refrained from speaking to. My bus buddy actually asked me if I was around at the bar on Thursday night because he talked to most people but hadn't seen me. The term "anti-social" seemed unfamiliar to him.


(AP) Alix, me, Kit. Just a nice photo post sugar-high and massive laughing.


It was pretty.

After finally got back to Quebec City where it was mega hot, we freshened up a little bit and waited around until a lot of us got together and headed to downtown with everyone to hit up bars. There was a huge scene involving some people and a few of us didn't make it to the bus. From those who went downtown - a whole bunch of them ended up in some bar and then Alix, Kollene, and I tried to find a place to have a drink, but ended up walking around old Quebec.


(AP) Candy tribike!


(AP)Main St. Quebec City...St. Foy? I can't remember


Then we gave up and just retreated home. Fun times...

Saturday and Sunday coming soon...



Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

why am i supposed to notice the V for Vendetta near your tasty couscous meal? *-)

Tuesday, August 01, 2006 8:26:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home