The Chronicles - the photo evidence

Monday, August 07, 2006

Old Québec (Rimouski X)

There are lots of photos but no point in splitting (heh too lazy)

Saturday, June 17
The schedule said Village Vacances Val Cartier...a giant water park. Being pasty white and not a fan of swimming/chlorine, I decided not to go, Kollene also decided not to go, we checked out Old Quebec instead, so will you. We met up in the lobby of the crap ass residence and headed for breakfast, Kollene and I accompanied voiceless Kit to meet up with a man she met on a plane. It seemed just as shady as it sounds.


The gate at the main entrance.


Place d'Youville


Smilies. Not really though.


Artist street.


There was this guy...does anyone know how much these people freak me out? I carefully walked away.


Chateau Frontenac. UN.


Chaaaaateaaaaaau.


Streets. Streets.




Across from Chez Son Père (At His Dad's) a bar we were going to that night.


At lunch we wandered around, this was the only reasonable price to pay. It was medocre but a good dessert.


At the restaurant.


Dadadum.


Wicked poster except it's for military marching bands.


That poor little puppy couldn't walk on the road for whatever reason and his owner had to carry him up. It was super hot and the dog looked so sad.


Suddenly, we stumbled onto this. How cool is that?


The whole thing...it was a nice square.


Down to the water, this was cool. That's Kollene in front of buildings.


Water, then Lévi on the otherside.

Then we headed to Champlain Street...a cobblestone road. I spotted two guys dressed as 1800s soldiers and they just looked so out of place, so I decided I need a photo with them, just for the ridiculous of it all...what happened next, I could not possibly expect.


This is moments before an unforgetable moment. So, I am talking to these guys in English, because they for some reason figured I don't speak French..Anyway, they ask me where I'm from and I tell them Toronto but I am working in Rimouski for the summer. What are you doing in Rimouski? Translating movies. In Rimouski? What movies are you translating in Rimouski? Sex movies? (Kollene has a great photo of this moment).


More Avenue du Champlain.


Head on a stick. Possibly Henri Bourassa.


Neat garden.


Murals.


Being lazy, we paid $2.00 and took this crazy elevator thing. Didn't super freak out, just a little.


See? It has this track thing.


We stumbled across this in front of Chateau Frontenac.


It had a good story and was totally aimed to milk foreign tourists.


Stuffed bear left and right.

Fast forward a LONG time and we're at dinner. We wandered around for a solid hour looking for food because 1 vegetarian, 1 wanted chicken, 1 vegetarian with wheat allergy, and reasonable prices.

L-R. Valerie, Rania, Alix, Kollene. (Kit was still with her friend or another friend or something, I can't remember).


After dinner we headed over to Chez Son Père, this guy was singing Quebec folk songs, there were only a handful of program members there because they all opted to go watch the Stanley Cup. Cassassandra met up with us there, but her, Valerie and Rania took off shortly there after. When our pitcher was empty, we bid Sophie (program coordinator) good bye and headed to another bar.


Le Sacrilidge. It was super cool. The tables were all horrible things in mosiac to look like stained glass and the chairs were church pews. We got some random beer we could barely finish.

We headed over to the bus stop, quite a walk away. We knew the last bus was at 3:00 and at this point it was just after 2:00, I was rather intoxicated and super tired. While waiting for the bus, in my hobo nature, I fell asleep on the bus stop bench with no shame. Alix and Kollene were slacking and didn't get a photo (guys, c'mon!). They started talking to some random guy who offered to split a cab with us, even though he was going entirely in the opposite direction. Creeepy.


Sunday, June 18
Almost a full night's sleep later...

Breakfast du Shack. Ha! Get it? It was just called Shack though. There was a sale on Rue Cartier.

Then we walked to the Citadelle and saw some interesting things along the way.





A man getting arrested. Who has no shame? Who has no shame?

Upon arrival:



Je me souviens. I remember. Bushes.


Our tourguide whose name I can't remember.


Jail? Shit I can't remember. It's at the Citadelle. The old fort thing in Quebec City.


Boxer.


Building.


We could see le Chateau from there.


Group photo! Kit, Alix, Hana, SLR, Kollene.


Tanks.


Zoom in:

Uhhh...what goes on in there?


More Citadelle.


How much does this mannequin look like Burt Renoylds?


Umm. This is a lot less inappropriate than it looks. The goat was the mascot for the RCMP.




Quebec City.



After the Citadelle and saying good-bye to the coordinators, Alix, Kollene, Kit and I headed over to Old Quebec to have lunch. Where we had lunch:




Nothing interesting happened between lunch and the bus ride home. Kollene and I had nothing for dinner on the bus so we bought some bread and cheese, but had no knife, so we got a flat spoon from an ice cream store. This our hobo bus dinner.



On the bus, we ran into Cassassandra, Rania and Valerie on their way back to Mont Joli (Danielle went back Friday night).

When I finally got home, there was some mail waiting, the letter was in a small child's writing, but inside was this:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Star Trek: The Next Generation water colours set. Keychain guy. Plasticine. A ransom note for the life of my fish.
Thanks J! (fyi the writing looks like that because her thumb got crushed)

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

a) the smilies pic is soo... smiley.. for lack of a better word :) and neat

b) 'how cool is that?' very!

c) that mannequin *does* look like burt reynolds.. so much so that it's rather frightening..i might even have nightmares

-inna

Tuesday, August 08, 2006 7:38:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg.. burt reynolds in WAX! how cool is THAT?!
I like that I made an appearance in your blog... wickid! haha.. Did you paint your star trek water colours???

I just ate a chocolate toonie I think you gave me for some reason. It tasted funny.
Glad my name isn't attached to this.
OO people don't know who I am!
At a party last year, Ms. Douche herself got drunk and made out with a frozen turkey!

ok... that was me.

H-Train has a fetish for woodgrain!!!

Thursday, August 10, 2006 8:48:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home